Polar Bear

Polar Bear
My Boy

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Relapse is a dish best served with Ranch

How are you all??

I'm kind of back.  Sorta.  Kinda.  Maybe.

Everytime I tried to come back, I read my last post and realized that after reaching goal, the wind went out of my sails, and the reason (anger over losing Polar) of why I was pushing so hard just left.

And I felt sad.  And then it happened again.  Pearl, Polar's sister, had a spinal stroke which caused Wobblers, the same thing from which Polar died.  Then she developed diabetes from the steroids which were treating her Wobblers.  Needless to say, it was a tug-of-war in which she would undoubtedly come out the loser no matter which ailment we treated.


So she was put to sleep...on Memorial Day.


And I ate.


I ate 15 pounds back onto my butt, thighs, face, etc...so I'm back in my next attempt to get down to 145, a weight I have not seen since highschool as you may remember.


This time I am not doing Medifast strictly.  I have found these Eating Right micro meals which I love, because let's face it, I am one lazy cook.  The rest will be the same, several small, low cal meals /snacks throughout the day, and water water water.  Also P90x, elliptical, and some Jillian MIchaels thrown in there to keep me honest...cause let's face it she is one scary bitch who would scare the fur off a grizzly.


Oh, and walks every morning...with this guy.  
Duggan   
So this is Duggan, our new deaf baby.  Well, actually he is almost 3 years old.  His street name is Taco, because when the rescue went to get him at the animal shelter they said that he only spoke Spanish...because he didn't respond to the staff.  HAHAHA!  Rescue said, uh no, he is DEAF, not HISPANIC.  
His name is also Taco because he loves to steal them, when you are mid-bite.  No joke.

So here I am...I'm back if you will have me my friends! On to the next weight loss goal!

8 comments:

Grancracker said...

Welcome back! Glad to see you, I have missed reading your posts. Good luck to you!

Christie said...

Always wished you had continued blogging despite reaching your goal! Glad you are back!

Jo said...

Welcome back! Yes, I'm still your friend. Dog people have to stick together, you know.

Twix said...

That's a big taco lovin' baby! Welcome back! :D

Dawn said...

Welcome Back - still following, looking forward to seeing you more.

Dawn

Jennifer said...

OMG-Duggan is so cute! I read this post after the last so I didnt know about Pearl. I am so sorry for your loss. I will someday adopt a Great Dane. They are so sweet :) Love his collar. We have the same type for our dogs. I will never use another type again! I commend you on getting another dog. If you have love in your heart and the capability for a special needs dog then why not? So many people just dont get it. So good for you and him! Congrats.

Jennifer

Michele said...

Looking forward to your presence again!

Unknown said...

What a WONDERFUL surprise to see you leave a comment on my blog! So nice to have you back (I didn't even know you were blogging again!) so, here I am catching up because I missed you; plain and simple.
Congrats on your new baby. What a face on that guy, huh? Looking forward to getting to know him better, and see what you've been up to :)