Polar Bear

Polar Bear
My Boy

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Natural Makeover and eBay

I have been dabbling with the idea of switching my hair coloring routine to be chemical free-don't need all those nasty toxins that close to my brain anymore...so I have been thinking about using henna/indigo.

But it honestly sounds way to complicated for my pay grade.  Plus, if I ever want to go blonde again it would require shaving my head and growing a new mop of hair first...

BUT...you know me-I'm all about what is complicated.  I don't like drama, but I do like a challenge.

Secondly, I have been tossing around the idea of selling off a bunch of my larger clothes on eBay.  BUT...last time I gave them away after losing weight, I gained it back and had to buy new duds.

Also, I worry about when/if I ever decide to replicate my DNA and spawn a little devil child who will no doubt bring upon me twice the pain I inflicted on my parents.  However, I digress...point is these larger sizes would be perfect for maternity wear.

Part of me wonders if in fact I'm scared of getting rid of these clothes, or am making excuses for a future weight loss relapse already.  I don't want to go back to those sizes, so...I stew and my brain races.

But the money-ah the money would be perfect this time of year!

For my hot 100 update this week, here is my recap:
1.  lost four pounds last week-hell yeah for that-it's the shrimp burgers! and P90x of course ;-)
2.  Still a loss every week, hopefully I can say the same after Turkey Day next week
3.  Still less than 2K calories a day-not a problem staying within that goal yet

Hope you all are having a HOT week, too!

5 comments:

Ice Queen said...

I am glad that you are doing your research before diving into henna/indigo. I has a henna head for a while. Loved it. The colour was stunning and my hair was amazing.

But! I missed blonde hair. Too much. I just couldn't be happy as a henna head and I tried to remove it. Yeah... Not happening. I ended up chopping my hair off and cutting and cutting for a couple of years. I just recently trimmed away the last of the gummy, damaged hair.

So, yeah, if you think that there is a ghost of a chance you will want to change back, stay far, far away from henna. Henna isn't something you date. You marry it. And divorcing the stuff is messy, damaging and expensive and you end up in floods of tears. lol

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Wow, I so want some of those shrimp burgers!! Nice!

My hair doesn't dye. It washes right out. I'm a blond for life. I tried to go red and it just didn't work. Oh well.

Karen said...

Woo hoo! I don't do my own coloring so have no idea what is leaching into my brain.

Salina Lyn said...

Dude! Way to go with the loss. Wish I could say the same for myself. As for the clothes? I say ditch them. Sell those buggers and take the money to buy yourself a nice mani pedi as a treat for all your hard work and accomplishments. Might as well get something out of those clothes that you'll enjoy rather than keep them along with the fear that you might need them again. Let it go and have some fun. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great week!

~South Beach Steve