1. Big Ups Medifast-style to Margene and her wondy hubby Brent over at Believing it's Possible is Half the Battle-one year ago they started this journey, today they are 250 pounds smaller collectively. Check out the evidence! Margene has been following me from the beginning, and has been a great Medi-supporter in spite of my cursing and occasional vulgarity. ;-) I wish her and Brent much continued success and happiness!
2. House on Haunted Hill is one whacked out movie. I was worried about trying to watch it because I have a bad imagination at night after watching scary movies, but seriously this is borderline hysterical. And I had such high hopes, it's a good premise. Maybe the book was better? Paranormal Activity is still the last scary movie I have seen, even though I watched it in slivers between my fingers.
3. I'm not a big proponent of the BMI, since there are so many variables not considered in the calculation, but alas-we all live and die by the numbers, right? So I checked out a few charts today. When I could finally FIND one that had weights listed on it beyond 250 pounds, I did the comparison...I started at the extreme morbid obesity borderline, and am currently less than 10 pounds from being 'normal'. Ok, maybe not normal, but at a 'healthy' BMI.
4. I have a lot of family in Pennsylvania, and of course they are Eagles fans. I really WANT to like the Eagles, and I suppose I do, as I really don't have an NFL team that I follow completely. Meaning I like parts of many teams, a quarterback here, a defense there, coaching scheme over yonder... So anyway, I like the Eagles, I just can't work it up for Michael Vick. I didn't really like him after the dog fighting thing, but only recently did I really read what HE himself physically did to his dogs. It is sickening, now I can't look at him. But I know he isn't the whole team...
5. Why when I bake CC cookies for hubby can I never get the cookies off the pan without scrunching them up? Sure hubs doesn't care, but I don't get it... Is it because I use butter substitute instead of butter? I spray the pan with Butter Pam, too. Is the problem because he likes the cookies on the lighter baked side so they are still mushy? I keep the batter in the fridge so it stays cold. Ok, I give up-advice?
6. Snow is a total pain and a mind-f*cker, but dude-melting snow is so NOT attractive. Who knew there was so much mud in my yard???
7. Since snow shuts down the town here in Dallas, my Medifast center was closed yesterday. My counselor, Lynn, a very nice stylish older lady, actually called me at home from her home and apologized for the inconvenience. What a sweetheart-not that she had anything to do with the weather and I would hope she would drive in it either! The result was that I could not weigh in yesterday, and I stopped stepping on my built-in scale from the 1950's months ago, at all of your suggestion of course. Not weighing in for two weeks makes me super anxious. I like to see the numbers each week-it keeps me straight I think.
8. Has anyone had their teeth professionally whitened? If so, or if you have any knowledge about the different types-what is the best process to do so out there right now?
9. Not looking forward to the Precor beast today, but have to burn before I bowl up with some modified chili later.
10. Arranged marriages-anybody in one? What is the success rate of arranged marriages I wonder-not just those staying married, but happily married? Something makes me think that it is pretty high. I love my hubby, but if I had listened to my parents about all my boyfriends, I would have weeded through them all to get to Mr. Right a decade ago.
11. Topher Grace is a great young underestimated actor I think.
12. My favorite romance movie, in fact movie of all time, is Love Actually. First time I saw it I was perplexed and confused with all the characters, second time I was intrigued, third time I was entertained, fourth and on I have been hooked. Portrays all the kinds of love you could think of-forbidden, awkward, unbelievable, lost, reborn, etc...
13. Squirrels eat dog poop. I really should have scooped that this morning, so I didn't have to see the consumption of such out of my large kitchen window. On a high note, I'm not hungry for lunch anymore.
14. Does the HCG diet work because the hormone really tricks the body into burning more while thinking it's pregnant, or because of the 500 cal a day diet patients are supposed to follow..or both? I'm curious, not for me because I like my plan, just natural curiosity...
15. I love Aquaphor hand lotion because for me it really seals in moisture and de-wrinkles my hands, but anyone have an idea to put it on the back of my hands and not get my palms greasy? Just a little pet peeve...
16. I'm not a big Taylor Swift fan, but gotta give props to her songwriting skills, it's really impressive to express that depth at such a young age...anyone know if Back to December is really about Taylor Lautner? If so, that is one helluva apology!
Happy Sunday to you all...